Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hola

Hola,

SO... I didn't get a P-day Saturday because I had to travel for my visa to Salt Lake. On the trip we saw hobos, talked to a lot of people on the trains, and one pair of missionaries gave out a Book of Mormon... who do they think they are? Missionaries? :P Anyways, it took two hours to get to the consulate and we were only there for 30 minutes and then it took two more hours to get back to Provo. There was one idiot missionary who ran across the tracks, after hopping off the platform. I don't know why, but fortunately for him there was no train coming. 

I'd like to tell you what my last week was like but I can't really tell you in detail because I can't remember!!! We have the hardest time remembering what days we did certain things on. I will share what I can remember. So our 'investigator' turned into one of our new teachers this week. We weren't expecting that. He's really cool and kind of hipster; he's 22. Our zone is huge, we have 4 districts in our zone and one of them just came in last Wednesday; they're all Hermanas and the classroom right next to me ;) One of the Hermanas from another district told me about the dream she had of me. I was a zoo keeper and I worked the alligator exhibit hahaha I think I can actually see myself doing that, so I will look into it after my mission. 

I have seen Elders Payne, Decker, Rounds, Klingaman, and Lundquist while I've been here. Me and Elder Payne have to stay on West Campus but on our trips to main campus, he saw the other Elders. West campus is shutting down on the 30th, and then we move to Main Campus. IT SUCKS!! West Campus is very relaxed and nice and small. I don't want to move in with the other weirdos at Main Campus, they think they're better than us. 

My spanish is coming along very nicely. I can pray, bear my testimony, and ask most questions in spanish. I am anticipating speaking in full sentences in 2 weeks or so, HOPEFULLY! I have also spiritually grown a lot. I cried on Saturday evening during class bearing my testimony about faith in Jesus Christ and what it means to me... I didn't even know I was going to until I couldn't see through all my tears. I love being a missionary and I love learning about the gospel and how to teach people, NOT lessons. They tell us to teach by the spirit, which means that the lesson we spent like 30 minutes preparing could go a totally different direction if one of us feels inspired to talk about other things. Yo se que este iglesia es verdadero y que Dios y Jesucristo amor mi. 

I am going to close with a joke that only makes sense in spanish. Que la diferencia entre una pera y la novia de un misionero? Una es pera y la otra no espera. 

Love,
Elder Mora (Berry in Spanish)







In order:
Me and some guys from the District.
 
 


 
Me and Elder Decker
 
 
 
Elder Berry (Mora)


No comments:

Post a Comment