Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Falcons have sharp talons!

Hello everyone,

This week nothing crazy happened and I'm not dead. So that's good!  I did get to help one of the brothers from the ward put the registering rings on his falcon. That was actually a little scary. Only because the falcon has talons that are about 1 inch long and super sharp. Besides the talons, I had to also watch out for it's beak which tried to peck my hands off while I held it. In the end we successfully put on the rings (after 20 minutes and 3 attempts). 

This week we also had an awesome experience with two families in the ward. The have basically received revelation of how important it is that the members work with the missionaries. They realized that our ward basically does nothing to help us and they are going to help us with whatever we need. We were so excited to hear this because it is true. Without the members helping, missionaries have a hard time doing the Lord's work. We need the member's help in the work so that our investigators can feel welcomed and loved. We also need the help of the members to be the friends of recent converts and investigators. Without friends or at least an acquaintance in the ward, the investigators or recent converts will feel very distanced from the tight family bond a ward has. So, I am asking all of you to please help the missionaries, we really can't do this work alone. 

I am so excited and happy to be here in Mexico. I love meeting new people because they basically become an extension of my family. I know that what I am doing here in Mexico is a very important work. It is bringing families together closer in their relationships here on earth and eternally. I love helping people receive the blessing of the knowledge of Jesus Christ and his love for everyone. I know that this church and our message can change lives.

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment